We’re close to the release of Joe’s twelfth album “My Name is Joe Thomas”, so it’s only right we do him the honor of featuring him in the latest edition of Top 10 Best Songs. Perhaps our most ambitious task with this feature yet, it’s sometimes easy to forgot that Joe has been at this for well over two decades now. He’s also had more hits than you can count on your fingers and toes, so revisiting his discography will be fun.
In our most recent interview with Joe which we just published last week, he hinted that this may be his final album, so what better time to show our appreciation for his legendary career. As a disclaimer, we stuck to singles for our top ten selections, but also noted some of his best album cuts at the bottom. Without further ado, here is our list of The Top 10 Best Songs by Joe.
10) If You Lose HerThis song was the final single on his last album “Bridges”, and while it was not as successful as some of his previous hits, it was vintage Joe through and through.
9) Why Just Be FriendsIf you’ve had a chance to catch Joe live, then you know he likes to come out grooving to this song. It provides a perfect uptempo compliment to his many slow jams.
8) Let’s Stay Home TonightPacked with an infectious groove, Joe led off with this single from his 2001 album “Better Days”.
7) Don’t Wanna Be a PlayerThough it was Big Pun’s version of the song that helped turn Joe into a household name, the original was also a standout jam.
6) Worst Case ScenarioJoe has made a name for himself by putting his heart on display through vulnerable slow jams, and “Worst Case Scenario” is one of the best examples.
5) Dear JoeSee our previous write up. Joe is a master of turning the heart break song into a melodic ballad.
4) More & MoreThis R. Kelly written and produced song was the lead single from Joe’s 2003 album “And Then…”
3) Good GirlsDid we mention Joe had a talent for masterfully putting his heart on display?
2) All the Things (Your Man Won’t Do)Back in 1996, this song became Joe’s original standout single and eventually drove his sophomore album “All That I Am” platinum.
1) I Wanna KnowTimeless, just like the legendary career of Joe. He can barely sing this song at his shows because his fans sing it so loudly. Certainly a sight to see and a testament to it’s power.
-The Love Scene
-Thank God I Found You (Remix) featuring Nas & Mariah Carey
-Stutter (Remix) featuring Mystikal
-If I Was Your Man
-We Need to Roll
Bonus – Honorable Mention Album Cuts:
-Table for Two
-A World of Girls
-Life of the Party
-Miss My Baby
-Time of Your Life